Saturday, September 10, 2011

National Grandparents Day

Finally, a reason to celebrate! I personally haven't had a grandparent for over 30 years...a parent either for almost 25 years...and now there is reason to celebrate again. Tomorrow, after remembering the victims of the Sept. 2011 terrorist attacks - remember your grandparents. And if you are lucky like me - reflect on the positive things in life, like this. - Happy Grandparents Day to all!

Almost forgot! And how could I !! I picked a date that needed a positive slant assigned to it -to remember the day I finally succeeded in stopping smoking. Breaking a 42 yr habit is not for the faint of heart but this makes two years and I am here to tell you that anyone who has stopped is still vulnerable. Help them by not smoking in their face and encouraging them because there isn't a day that they don't experience the desire to have just one. In that sense, a smoker never truly quits, they just stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment