Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What Americans need

Two houses on my street have their Christmas lights on - no, not just hung up, but on, ON - as in electricity flowing through and illuminating. I witnessed a pallet of Pointsetta plants being delivered at Wal-Mart on Halloween Day and just shook my head.

However, after giving the idea some thought - and walking through the stores - and hearing about Black Friday (who ever came up with that name?) actually happening on Wednesday...I've decided that this is what America needs. The country was divided last Tuesday and now all we hear about is the fiscal cliff we'll tumble over in January. Who wouldn't want to escape the doom and gloom??!! So let's do what we do best -pretend it's not happening!! Let's bring Christmas, usually a time of good will, happiness, forgiveness, etc - hell, let's just bring it in now! Now is when we need it! Won't hurt the economy either, right??!! If we're gonna be destitute next year, why not go out with a smile on our faces!!

And yes, I have started Christmas shopping. It takes my mind off the Medicare I'm so close to getting that I might not get anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment