Thursday, August 12, 2010

Keep Brevard Beautiful


This is the contents of my 'trash bag', which I lug up and down
a 1.5 mile stretch near the PAFB Officer's Club. When it gets too
heavy, I lug it up the steps to the clubhouse deck and empty it
as neatly as I can. There are no trash barrels on the deck. Mind
you, this stretch of beach is intended to be for PAFB use and is
therefore not crowded. Some evenings, I encounter another human
being, but most nights, I don't. Yet I collect this amount daily.
******************************************************************
KBB volunteer Judy de la Rosa is kind enough to organize a monthly
clean-up in Satellite Beach. Pelican Beach will be the meeting place
on the second Saturday of the month - thats August 14th, folks - at
8:00 AM. Judy says she will provide materials but you can help by
supplying your own gloves and bags. BCC Green Team also sponsors
beach clean-ups on Sunday mornings. The KBB schedule is a revolving
one and can be found on their website. Beach clean-ups shouldn't even be necessary, but as long as they are, please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment